Restore your Beautiful Smile with Scottsdale Porcelain Crowns
If you have a damaged, worn or aesthetically-compromised tooth, you may be a good candidate for a porcelain crown. A porcelain crown is a custom-made restoration or “cap” that is placed securely over an existing tooth to restore its appearance and function. Porcelain crowns can also be used to hold dental bridges in place or to improve the appearance of teeth that are badly discolored.
At Scottsdale Dental Arts, we use only the highest quality porcelain crowns and also offer all-gold, porcelain-fused-to-gold and porcelain zirconia crowns which have the strength of all-metal crowns but with the added benefit of looking very natural. As a leading cosmetic dentist in Scottsdale, Dr. McCargar routinely places crowns for his patients who want a very effective way to enhance their smiles and overall oral health.
Uses for Crowns
A dental crown can be used to:
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there is not much tooth structure left
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a misshapen or severely discolored tooth
- Improve the appearance and function of a cracked or chipped tooth
- Restore a broken or severely worn tooth
- Protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking
Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
The many benefits associated with porcelain crowns include:
- Improved appearance of teeth that are damaged or injured
- Long-lasting durability
- Protect against further damage or decay
- No special maintenance required
- Improved tooth functionality
- Improved self-confidence knowing your smile looks attractive
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you would like to find out if you’re a good candidate for porcelain crowns, please schedule an appointment with Dr. McCargar today. After providing you with a thorough examination, Dr. McCargar will let you know if you could benefit from having a crown placed. He will also help you choose the material(s) your crown will be made of so that it best meets your needs and preferences.